Hey friends! If you are like me, you have already made the trip over to Ruston to grab some fabulous peaches or at least found a local roadside stand or farmers market to snatch up some of summers juicy goodness! Not to mention tomatoes are in peak season and super red and rich!
With the holiday weekend approaching, I thought I would share this amazing Summer Peach Panzanella Salad recipe with you that will knock your socks off and its healthy to boot! (P.S. what better way to use up that Lowder bread you have, if there's any left)
- Peaches are good for digestion.
- They can boost your immune system.
- And perk up your skin too.
- Peaches protect your eyes.
- They may lower cancer risk.
- And help with weight management.
- Peaches might promote brain health.
- They're helpful for blood pressure control and de-bloating.
So load up and eat up! See you guys next week!
Side note: this salad goes amazing with grilled fish and a bourbon peach smash! Muddle fresh peaches with mint and simple syrup, add bourbon, ice, and a splash of soda and you've got yourself THE summer cocktail!
Summer Peach Panzanella Salad
Happy holiday weekend! I know most of you are getting ready to hit the lake or the beach. Make this peach panzanella salad for a healthy delicious option this summer.
- 1 crusty baguette or half a rustic french loaf
- 3 peaches, cubed
- 3 tomatoes, cubed
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed or pearls
- 15 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1/3 cup evoo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre head oven to 350º place cubed bread on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 min until crunchy, not burnt!
- Combine olive oil, mustard, vinegar, garlic, and a dash of salt and pepper in a mason jar or container with lid, shake vigorously until combined.
- Pour dressing over cubed peaches, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Add basil and toss gently. Store in the fridge overnight or at least 15 mins before serving to let the flavors mature.
- If making the night before, store croutons in an airtight container or ziplock. Add to salad 10-15 mins before serving.
This salad can be prepped in advance, but make sure the bread soaks up some of the dressing but keeps a slight crunch, I recommend not adding the bread until about 15 mins before serving.
I also like to add extra veggies sometimes, like cucumbers and avocado.